Saturday, January 06, 2007

Kuching impressions


I must admit that the city of Kuching in Sarawak wasn't what I had envisioned in mind before I got the opportunity to visit it last November.

I arrived there in gloomy weather and the first impression I had from my window seat was that the city does not seem to have that many highrise buildings. I wonder why I expected to see a replica of the KL skyline in Kuching? Silly me.

The skies threatened to open up as I made my way into the city centre. As it was past lunch-hour, I had a quick bite at the Pizzahut before heading straight to my hotel. The town itself is surprisingly devoid of much traffic that late Friday afternoon, which added to my sense of being lost in the twilight zone ... (to be continued.)




















Hey, where is everybody??


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maverick SM said...

That's the only reason I love Kuching...peace and tranquility

7/1/07 20:43  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Then you'd probably like FuRong - Desi's Peyton Place! Those empty streets reminded me of a pic I took of Seremban's main road on a Sunday afternoon last year (no wonder I felt a strange sort of deja vu...)

8/1/07 08:24  
Blogger PabloPabla said...

You'll grow to love this place ;)

8/1/07 10:07  
Blogger KittyCat said...

Nice pics! Gives me a good idea what MIL & FIL are going thru as they reported "everyrain rain!". Maybe that's why nobody's outlah...

Did you like it? And the food? It's really a place like no other

23/1/07 00:18  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Hello Kittycat! Thanks for dropping by. Yes - I like Kuching for its quaintness, great seafood and of course, Sarawak Laksa!

24/1/07 08:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!