Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Do you like middle eastern cuisine?

This post will interest those who are from Selangor and enjoy good food.

There's a new Saudi Arabian restaurant in Seri Petaling called AL DIAFAH. It's located opposite the Seri Petaling Hotel and believe me, it IS TRUE that they offer 6-star services at 3-star prices.

I had lunch there last week and I was pretty impressed the moment I stepped out of the lift to the first floor restaurant.

The ambience, the decor, the dark-suited waiters - I felt as if I had stepped into some fine dining restaurant. The service was impeccable, the host/owner 20-year-old Miss Safa Saleh, was most gracious and welcoming.

We tried the Al Diafah Lamb Rice, the Al Diafah Grilled Chicken (which has a lovely tandoori-like taste), the kebabs, the mixed-grill and a vegetable and lamb caserole dish that came with the special Al Diafah bread. We had a complimentary plate of salad comprising sticks of pickled cucumber, carrot, tomatoes and fresh salad leaves. And yeah, complimentary dates (kurma) and a small glass of their house coffee as well.

After a most satisfying meal, the bill amounted to only RM128.00 (inclusive of 10% service charge and 5% service tax) for our group of 7! How's that for good value?

This latest restaurant is part of a chain of six Al Diafah restaurants in Saudi Arabia owned by Safa's family who has been in this business for the last 15 years.

So, if you are game to try some authentic middle eastern cuisine, you might like to check this out. I will most certainly come back again for more.

And in case you are wondering, I don't know the owner personally. I just happened upon an article in the New Sunday Times earlier this month talking about this restaurant. And since I am always on the look-out for good food, I decided to drop by and well, I'm happy to say I was not disappointed.

The Al Diafah's telephone number is 03-90596237 in case you are interested. And they also have a kurma boutique on the ground floor selling premium dates year-round.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RM128 for 7 is cheap.

I know that place, never tried before bcoz I thought it was too classy lol.

26/4/06 16:38  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Yeah, if you don't know it, you'd be intimidated by the whole set-up. Like a posh hotel or something, they even have someone standing at the doorway to greet you.

Although their main dishes are not pricey, strangely their drinks are not exactly cheap, RM8 per glass of juice. So I better let you know that not everyone in our group ordered drinks!

But I still think for the whole set-up, it was an experience in itself. And the food is good, according to me lah!

26/4/06 17:11  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

Watch your diet honey!!!!

Good food and fair price tempts you to invest in your tummy.

26/4/06 23:47  
Blogger H J Angus said...

cik amoi
Thanks for the tip. You should have included a pic to get our mouths drooling!

Sorry I can't make in on Friday as timing not too good.
If U are down in JB do contact me and I will show you it is not that dangerous.

But where do you get nice beef noodles in Seremban?

27/4/06 00:25  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Ah Mave - I'm much too vain to let myself go loose sideways that easily.

But I must admit it is a huge struggle for me because I do enjoy good food but like you said, really had to go for small portions these days in order not to regret it later.

So far I've been blessed with a good metabolic system (thks to good genes, I guess) but as the years go by, I know I can't eat with abandon like I used to do. So so sad, isn't it? That is why I have full sympathy for people who have to diet all their lives. It's really no fun at all.

27/4/06 11:39  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Hi HJ! So, Friday's date is off huh? Never mind ... there's always another day. But dang ... I got my hair done up nicely and all (hehehe).

I don't do pictures when I dine out because then I'll have to answer.what those pics are for. That'll blow the cover for anak merdeka, right??

Are you worried that I am putting too much hype on JB's crime rate in this blog? As a Johorean, I hope you are not too "less than amused" about my postings.

I know how a local Johorean feels because my sis-in-law has been staying in JB with her family for almost 20 years. She's the one who's been feeding me all those horror stories about neighbourhood crimes there.

Seriously, I was hoping to raise awareness about the need to eradicate snatch thieves and house-robbers, car-jackers, etc... nationwide and JB is always a good example to use to highlight the seriousness of the problem.

It's really not just about Johor at all. I mean, I don't even live in Johor, and strange as it may sound to you, my SIL is the one who is more paranoid than me whenever I'm there. She's the one who would insist that I hold on tight to my handbag while in town and to scan my surroundings if I have to walk a distance to reach a place.

I think the fact that she's a woman and a mother sort of makes her more sensitive to such real and perceived dangers compared to men.

But of course I believe you when you offer to show me that JB is not such a dangerous place. With HJ as company, sure safe lah!

27/4/06 12:04  
Blogger Arena Green said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

27/4/06 12:12  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Left out something else.

Beef noodles - yes, very famous in Seremban. You can get good ones at an outlet in Kemayan Square which is just a short distance from the S'ban toll plaza.

If you come from JB, exit the toll to Seremban town (the last toll before you head off to Nilai), turn left, go straight upto the traffic light, do a right U-turn under the overhead pass and go straight until you come to the first traffic light. Go straight past the 2nd traffic light, ease right and turn right at the 3rd traffic light into Kemayan Square.

If you come from KL, exit the toll to Seremban town, turn left and after the first traffic light, ease right and turn right at the 2nd traffic light to Kemayan Square. (You'll see a private hospital on the right side of the road).

Turn left at the first junction, go all the way to the back, turn right until the cross-road and you will see the beef-noodle shop just in front at the corner.

Very delicious - Sunday mornings are always crowded, and service can be a bit slow. The beefballs are also good, you can order a bowl on the side. And if you like iced coffee, try their Nescafe shake on ice. Yummy.

There's also a good Indian restaurant in Kemayan Square where you can get vegetarian food. I think it's called Vas Delight (not so sure because I never bothered to look at their signboard).

Gosh, I hope you are not too confused!

27/4/06 12:25  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

17/12/16 00:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!