Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A poem by Ella W. Wilcox

For those who enjoy beautiful prose, I shall be sharing some lovely poems with you beginning with this one by Ella Wheeler Wilcox.

WISHING

Do you wish the world were better?

Let me tell you what to do.

Set a watch upon your actions,
Keep them always straight and true.
Rid your mind of selfish motives,
Let your thoughts be clean and high.
You can make a little Eden
Of the sphere you occupy.

Do you wish the world were wise?

Well, suppose you make a start,
By accumulating wisdom
In the scrapbook of your heart;
Do not waste one page on folly;
Live to learn,
and learn to live.

If you want to give men knowledge
You must get it, ere you give.

Do you wish the world were happy?

Then remember day by day
Just to scatter seeds of kindness
As you pass along the way.

For the pleasures of the many
May be ofttimes traced to one,
As the hand that plants an acorn
Shelters armies from the sun.

**********

I wish you a lovely day today.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Maverick SM said...

are you a poem geek?

26/4/06 04:06  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Should I deny? Hmm...

I love poems, since my schoolgirl days with the English Lit club. But you'll laugh at the suggestion that I'm a geek if we ever have the opportunity to meet, Mave!

Unfortunately, no one in my immediate circle of friends & family share this interest. I'd like to indulge myself here, hope you'll enjoy sharing it with me!

26/4/06 09:09  
Blogger chong y l said...

maverick:

computer mads are geeks,
poetry luvers are chic(s)

anak merdeka:
nice one,
Desi can appreciate
Cox has one on SOLITUDE
pass to thee *1-0n-1!
(*Jest to make Mave & Howsy jeles!)

26/4/06 15:31  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Share share Desi? Sure OK!

Rejoice, and men will seek you,
Grieve, and they turn and go.
They want full measure of your pleasure,
But they do not need your woe.

Betul tak?

26/4/06 17:15  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

17/12/16 00:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!