Saturday, November 03, 2007

Holy smoke!

A monk was walking in the monastery garden during a period of meditation. He encountered another monk who was smoking as he walked slowly along the path.

"Did you get permission to smoke during meditation?" asked the first monk.

"Yes, I was given permission."

"But I asked if I could smoke during meditation and was turned down!"

"You didn't phrase it properly. You asked if you could smoke during meditation. I asked if I could meditate while I smoked."

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Monk can smoke meh?

3/11/07 15:25  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

This is a great piece... that's proper English.

3/11/07 19:59  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Kenny: I think smoking is not haram like drinking ...

Mave: Yeah, proper English usage would really help some of our politicians too, eh? ;-P

4/11/07 18:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AM:

I met the smoking monke at Fishhead curry house in Mantin.

The other monke is actually a nun in disguise; she rendewooed with the made monke until I interrupted, and I said: 3 is a loud, and we adjourned for runch, which means a lunch made on the run before the nun's absence was noticed at the NONvent:)

AM: art thou makin an AP when mave joins Desi at Mantin soSON?--Desi

7/11/07 20:13  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Hello Desi - fancy turning up on Diwali eve to give me some cheer. I'm still running rounds to find the right reasons to, well, you-guess-what! Hope you are getting on fine, Desi! :-D

8/11/07 08:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!