Thursday, October 19, 2006

Blogger Alvin Yap in hospital

I received a disturbing e-mail from Bob Kee on the 16th which unfortunately I only managed to read just now.

He mentioned that one of our fellow bloggers, Alvin Yap was admitted into Hospital Kuala Lumpur on the 15th for observation. He had chest pains and this was soon after he had an angioplasty the week before.

Apparently, Bob had spoken to him earlier that evening and Alvin indicated that he's okay but is facing a lot of challenges in terms of fear and anxiety. Bob added this in his e-mail: "Do remember to intercede for him and those of you who have his number, give him a call just to say hi and tell him that you're praying for him. He will appreciate that."

It's three days since the mail came in.

I wonder how Alvin is doing now. I certainly hope his health has improved and that he is on the road to full recovery.

By the way, I do not know Alvin personally. I can only assume that he is the same Alvin who used to blog at http://alvinyv.org (the URL however is no longer working). I used to interact with him at his blog and he had generously reciprocated by linking to me. He is actually one of the first few bloggers who linked to me when I was a relative newbie, at about the same time as I first got to know carboncopy, who has also now taken a backseat in the blogging world.

Alvin has not blogged for quite some time. Occasionally, I received news of him courtesy of Bob's mailing list.

I can't be too sure whether they are the same person. But nevertheless, I offer my prayers and well-wishes to Alvin Yap. I hope everything turns out well for you soon. God Bless.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wish him get well soon.

19/10/06 21:38  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

I don't know him too and never been to his blog. Wish him well too.

19/10/06 22:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish him well.

20/10/06 11:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!