Friday, May 26, 2006

Got a taste of CARS, and love it!

I just got back from the movies.

Yeah, again. I do that quite often. Going to the movies, I mean. Loved it since I was a kid and love it still now with the kids. (And why not, Mave? LOL!)

OVER THE HEDGE was not such a good outing for me. Okay, the kids had a good laugh - they'd laugh at anything that reminds them of those Cartoon Network and Disney Channel stuff they get over ASTRO. And there's so much of those not so brainy jokes in this Dreamworks animated outing. And it's also cheesy, chummy and I'd just say it, those guys overdosed on the sacharrin sweet stuff.

I guess too much "aww ... that's so sweet" moments sours the plot for me.

Never mind. This is one of those hit and miss thing and I got hit with a miss. BUT, the kids had a good time with the popcorns and hotdogs and I'm not about to complain. Thankfully, it's mercifully short. I think it was over in a few seconds past the hour.

What I really want to talk about, or rather get excited about is the trailer of the PIXAR animated movie CARS which was shown before the start of OTH.

Now, THIS ONE is a real genuine teaser!

For those few short teasing minutes, I was dazzled by the amazingly spectacular work of animation by the PIXAR guys.

Now, these guys, who gave us The Incredibles which I so thoroughly enjoyed, has done it again.

Their technique is simply amazing. I would say ground-breaking. You have got to see it to believe it. And I'm SURE AS SURE won't miss this when it comes out next month.

In fact, I almost never miss a PIXAR movie. They are the industry's leader in animation, as far as I am concerned. Always original, they somehow make Disney movies seem so run-of-the-mill.

So, I've got one more movie to look forward to. After the disappointing DVC (I confess I am so into the book that it somehow spoilt the movie for me) I am just waiting for the next one that is going to excite me as much as the Lord of The Rings trilogy did.

So far, it has not happened yet. I wonder if Peter Jackson would ever make The Dragonlance Tales trilogy.

Now, THAT would be a real blast if they could get it right on the big screen. It has all the ingredients of a huge blockbuster. If you have read the book, you'd know what I mean.

Ah well. I'll just dream on.

Good night and a good weekend to all of you!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger TH said...

Hello! :)

Gah, I havent even watch DVC, not talking about OTH yet; or nyet (as Desi likes to play around, lol!*shh..he has ears all around*)

Haha, ever since LOTR trilogy ended, there is not much buzz in the movie arena eh? That's how I always feel - comparison; can't help it!

27/5/06 02:03  
Blogger eyeris said...

CARS is definitely the best animated feature so far this year. :D

27/5/06 17:26  
Blogger chong y l said...

anak M & Theels:

as Desi likes to play around -- when this is take OUTA context, someone among us 3 can get into HOT soup.

Which remeinds me, a Chee Chheeong Kai version had the Chinoserie singing as A Little Bit of Soap ... GOoD tro clean up some loud mouths always spewing the f... word over blogosphere, and at people they don't even know!:(

Hey, who art these kaypoh ladies -- I thot that should be left to Ipohlang only! Howsy, Helen ...

Like you Theels, tryint to see DVC this wickedend!:)

29/5/06 21:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to you but.. Disney bought Pixar.. that's why 'Ice Age 2' have some Disney touches... and I hate those touches. :).
Surely hope that Disney not gonna touch 'CARS'.. and let Pixar do their superb work.

31/5/06 15:58  
Blogger Helen said...

I've heard great reviews from many on the blogosphere regarding CARS. Will definitely watch. :-)

Desi - Who's using my name again??? Grrr Grrrr

1/6/06 14:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I was searching through google for the name of that white vegetable that the indigenous ppl by Cameron highlands usually eat. It had to be boiled if i am not mistaken and is bitter if eaten raw. Thanks.

22/11/06 06:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!