Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Buttered toasts


It's been quite a while since I last made toasted garlic bread for my family.

My father-in-law particularly enjoyed them and the last time he ate so much, I felt somehow responsible when he had a sore throat soon after.

I decided to make a batch of buttered toasts with sugar for the kids to bring to school. They're getting rather tired of their usual bread with *cheese/kaya/peanut butter/margarine* fare.

I bought a stick of french bread, sliced it thinly, slather it with olive oil margarine before sprinkling some sugar over them. If you want to make garlic toasts, just chop some garlic finely and mix it into butter/margarine before spreading onto the bread. It's nicer still if you have some dried mix herbs (the kind you use for your spaghetti) to sprinkle on top.

Put them in the oven at 160 deg.C and they should brown to a nice crisp in about 20-25 mins.


As an aside, I think dried toasts minus the butter & sugar make a good breakfast choice for my current diet goal to lose a couple of kilos ahead of the coming August school holidays.

Especially with a fresh brew of black coffee. I heard caffeine helps with the weight loss as well in revving up the metabolism. Hmm ... how convenient! :-)

********************

I'm thinking of taking a break from blogging, so if there are no updates for a while, well - I'm doing something else.

In the meantime, hope you guys continue to have a nice day everyday!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger zewt said...

caffeine can help weight lost???? no kidding!! gonna have 10 cups of coffee tomm!

4/7/07 22:35  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

Hei Leng Lui,

Want to take a break ah? Cannot!!!! You have a duty to blog.... Uncle Zam will sue you if you stop!

4/7/07 22:49  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

Enjoy your break but remember to come back.

5/7/07 16:03  
Blogger Helen said...

Coffee will take care of water retention... but it's no match against those buttered toast. Yum Yum

Hey, enjoy yourself. Charge those energizers and get ready to return to your blog all charged up! lol

5/7/07 20:42  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Zewt: Err ... only if your 10 cups is sugar-free java. But then again, you might shake so much as if you're hip-hopping all day long! LOL!!

Mave: Where got this (un)kind of doctor's orders? I want to do a "Cakap tak serupa bikin" too, so give chance, okay? :-D

Mumsgather: Hi! Thanks for the support - I was beginning to feel like I'm only talking to about 5 people in the blogosphere. :-)

Helen: I hope the 1 kilo I lost recently isn't all water and no substance. LOL!!

I'll probably come back sooner than I expect because I'm always a sucker for sweet persuasions, hehe!! Ciao ..

5/7/07 21:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!