Thursday, March 29, 2007

My healing garden

My garden is a-bloom and I'm feeling fine.

I have mangos,










and guavas,










pomegranates










and chilli-peppers too.










Hey, even my palm tree is a-fruiting
with bright red seeds
that no one eats
except maybe the birds that come a-calling.











My heart is glad, at the riot of colours,
The pink of my hibiscus,










the purple flowers,










oh I don't know what they're called.
There's yellow, there's red, even white I say,
But what I like best
is my bright orange orchid,
igniting a sunny feeling to chase my blues away.














Yes, I love my garden,
my little sanctuary where I gather my thoughts
and make some sense
of the less than perfect world that I live in.



Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Howsy said...

Ah, spring is in the air. Oops, there's no 4 seasons in Malaysia. LOL!

Nice to see you actively blogging again.

29/3/07 18:58  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Nicer still to have your support, Howsy! :D

29/3/07 19:41  
Blogger Mumsgather said...

Oh your garden looks so lovely! I wish I had more time to cultivate a garden. At the moment all I have is concrete and tiles.

29/3/07 22:32  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wah... u got mini dusun ah? I like mango very much :P~

30/3/07 01:17  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Thks MG, indeed I am rather proud of my garden. It's a real sight for sore eyes these days. :-)

You like mangos (& papayas too?) huh, Kenny? I would have thought so too! hahahah!! :D

30/3/07 14:47  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

wow! You are such great person. I love your garden...but I don't have any.

31/3/07 01:09  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

I love your garden. How I wish I had one... you are so great!!!!

31/3/07 01:10  
Blogger chong y l said...

AM:

when you showed a Garden, I was expecting the Gardner to show up, and Lady Chatterley emerging from the bushes and they both demo on the durian tree.

You have durian tree, yes? I like durian -- I take the meat, you take the cover as generous hoRst must make Guests feel at home:)

maverick is applying his Double Bonus pointskad, I see, ahead of Desi:):)

31/3/07 14:06  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Thks Mave for the profuse admiration .. heheh, very sleepy past midnight huh??

I ain't got no durians for Desi, coz I don't want to prick him with his many butts and cons. Maybe some ciku to keep him young and spirited, o'k?? :-)

31/3/07 16:01  
Blogger TH said...

Guavas! Wished I could have guavas in my backyard here too :)

31/3/07 21:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!