Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Uncommon Man

THE UNCOMMON MAN

I do not choose to be a common man.
It is my right to be uncommon if I can.

I seek opportunity - not security.
I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled,
dulled,
by having the State look after me.

I want to take the calculated risk;
to dream and to build;
to fail or succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive to a dole.

I prefer the challenges of life
to the guaranteed existence;
the thrill of fulfillment to the calm state of Utopia.

I will not trade freedom for benefiance
nor my dignity for a handout.

I will never cower before any master
nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage
to stand erect, proud and unafraid;
to think and act for myself;
to enjoy the benefits of my creation,
and to face the world boldly and say -
This I have done!

- Anon

********************

This piece is dedicated to all the common men and women who have been misled into believing that they are helplessly bound by the chains and crutches of handouts disguised as rights and privileges necessary to overcome a purported genetic defect to rise to the challenges and demands of the new millenium and new world order.

Hopefully, in the very near future, they will realise that the state's condescending attitude towards them is the ultimate reason for their undoing.

Hopefully too, they will realise that they need to urgently reclaim their right to be treated with dignity and respect that befits their intelligence and heritage, for their sake and that of future generations.

Then, and truly then, can they proudly claim to have achieved their agenda to be a respected race and in control of their destiny in the borderless world.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Amen...

25/1/07 21:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup
nice poem
much needed during these testing times :D

26/1/07 15:06  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

Wah...now super poem! I really am absorbed into it.

27/1/07 12:33  
Blogger chong y l said...

anak M:

Well recited, got me excited.
For my sycophancy
where's the handout I fancy?

29/1/07 20:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh mana pergi? tak de post???

31/1/07 22:48  
Blogger TH said...

Where are the updates?!

Wishing you a great CNY :)

14/2/07 05:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lei hai been do?

gong xiiii gooong xiiiiii

21/2/07 00:55  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Hi everyone! I'm back. And I must "minta maaf" for the long silence.

I guess my "GONG XI FA CAI" is no longer valid now, huh?? :(

Thanks for the feedback and the enquiries. Do come back and talk to me again in the coming posts. (Just so I know you tak marah ler ...)

CHEERS!!

22/3/07 23:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!