Tuesday, July 04, 2006

About Johnny Depp
















Johnny Depp is one of my all time favourite actors, which is why I am looking forward to the upcoming release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.















In a rare clean-cut appearance as J.M. Barrie in Finding Neverland (2004)










As the wacky Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

I enjoyed so many of his movies, and the one I liked the most is his role in the 1993 beautiful drama, What's Eating Gilbert Grape. He made a great impression on me, not least because he looked so young and handsome in it. That movie also introduced me to Leonardo diCaprio as an unknown teenager but even back then, Leo proved himself to be a darn good actor.

When Chocolat came out in 2000, he played the part of a gypsy named Roux opposite Juliette Binoche. That movie was also a favourite and in some way, it's like a first (understated) glimpse of what we were to see of Depp as a crazy pirate in the 2003 blockbuster.

His personal life could be the subject of a movie itself but I guess it is a testimony of his strength of character that he had managed to lived through those troubling years and establish himself as a credible and respected actor along with settling down to a domesticated life with partner Vanessa Paradis and daughter Lily-Rose (7) and son John Christopher (4).

It is amazing how a wild boy like Depp could turn out so well in the end. I hope to see more of his films in the years to come. And hopefully too, he will continue to enjoy much success in both his personal and professional life.





















If he's a fruit, I'd say he is LUSCIOUS ...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Maverick SM said...

You mean he is "excessively sensual or sexual?

4/7/06 22:32  
Blogger Helen said...

Hey, I remembered him from 21 Jump Street days!! :-) I used to like him in Jump Street until Richard Grieco came into the picture. lol

4/7/06 23:59  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Helen, why "used to?" He's much hotter (yes, & sensual!) now than in his Jump Street days.

Mave, go lah & catch Pirates #2 coming out this Friday! Go lah .. go go go!!

5/7/06 10:51  
Blogger Fashionasia said...

hehehe!!! I use to drool at him too!!
but nowadays he looks unkept...n looks wasted most of the time.....sigh...what a waste of a hunk.. 21 jump street!!(thanks helen for reminding me) edwards scissorhands...etc..

8/7/06 19:50  
Blogger Walski69 said...

There are only a handful of living actors that I would classify as truly class acts, and Johnny Depp is definitely on that list.

His Raoul Duke character in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is probably one of my favorites, apart from Capt Jack Sparrow, and Ed Wood.

Viva la Depp!!!

21/7/06 13:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!