Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cookies to knock you cold!

I've not cranked up the oven for quite some time and seeing the kids demolished a whole 400gm bag of Famous Amos Choc Chip cookies in one sitting got me fired up.

Time to don the apron and whip up a batch of home-made cookies! Cookies are also great comfort food, if you know what I mean. :)

I've never baked chocolate chip cookies before, to be honest. I've had great success with my oat and cornflakes cookies that I spent two whole days fulfilling repeat orders from my family and relatives. Yeah - that was the last time I baked cookies because I was thoroughly drained at the end of that marathon session. It's a lot of hard work to make a whole bunch of people happy.

So, I searched the Internet and came across a recipe which looks easy enough. It looked workable too.










Mixing the dough was a breeze!










Divide the dough into small pieces, nicely spaced out on baking paper. Put them in a pre-heated oven.










Presto! Freshly baked Anak Merdeka chocolate chip cookies.

The aroma that wafted through the house was deliciously wonderful. That's what I loved most about baking. Reminds me to start cranking up the bread-machine again. I love the smell of freshly baked bread too.

Don't they look good? Do they taste as good as they looked?

Errmmm ...

J said they tasted delicious, better than Famous Amos because I reduced the sugar content and put in more chips so that they are not too sickly sweet.

"But they are a bit hard ..."

"But it's okay. Once you crack it, it's actually not that hard..."

Hehehe ... I've got a diplomatic kid.

I tried one. Truth is, those cookies can knock your dentures off! I can hear J making "crunch, crunch, crunch" sounds as she chews into them. But she really did like them because she had one after another and another ... until I had to stop her. Don't want her to get constipated lah!

Must be the baking powder. I realised too late that it expired in 2005. Can't be the cook, right?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Howsy said...

Eh, you managed to get sugar?

28/6/06 20:20  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

I love the cookies...make some for us?

Eh, I had commented in Desi's article today. wnat to further comment?

28/6/06 22:30  
Blogger Helen said...

Ooops, wrong blog ar??? MUAHARHARHAR

Nice cookies though..lol

29/6/06 01:45  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Thanks guys & gals!

Hehe .. you really DON'T want them cookies lar! It'll crack you up.

On the other hand, if you need something to break up a pack of lusty cats, yeah - I can send you some. LOL!

29/6/06 07:43  
Blogger Maverick SM said...

Enough of cookies...get back to City Hall and SEDC fallacies... waiting for you to blog on them

29/6/06 16:06  
Blogger Fashionasia said...

yey!!!looks lovely!!! baking always makes me happy!! but sadly after i started working, i hardly have time at all to bake..
My chocolate chip cookies recipe is frm Vochelle(correct spelling ah?)
But i usually cut the sugar amount by half....Sugar expensive eh
Oh sugar, oh money money!! remember? :>

30/6/06 13:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should call this the Famous Amoi cookies XD

1/7/06 00:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baking powder for cookies? Hmm.. that's strange.

It is the flour which makes it hard. Reduce the flour ratio and you'll have a less dental hazard cookies. :D

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly

1/7/06 19:01  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Welcome Silencers! And thanks for breaking your silence on this blog, hehe.. Famous Amoi?? Maybe you'll hear of it one day. :-)

And ... lucky me to get a visit from the elusive CC. Didn't know you can bake as well. We need to share some secret recipes someday eh?

2/7/06 15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!