Friday, April 18, 2008

Fridays are for dinosaur baths

I criticise MCA and one anonymous commenter accused me of being a running dog for PAS and Anuar.

Duh ... who is Anuar ar? :-D

No, never mind. I won't react like one guy called Ali Ketam, who wrote about pigs and then got pelted with over 300 comments. All I can say is, ha ha ha !!!

Ah ... today is FRIDAY and I like FRIDAYs. Because FRIDAY is the day my kids get to throw their schoolbags aside and watch their favourite DVDs until their eyes pop out. FRIDAY is also the day their mom don't nag them to do their homework. The nagging is only reserved for Sunday night, after dinner to be precise. ;-)

I like SATURDAYs too. SATURDAYs are normally MOVIE days. For the last three weeks, we have watched The Water Horse, The Spiderwick Chronicles and Nim's Island. Tomorrow will be a toss between Forbidden Kingdom and Escape from Huang Shi. It's really up to the kids (the small kids and the BIG kid, you know?) I'm mostly there for the hotdog and popcorns. :-P

SUNDAYS are for lazying around. For lying in beds listening to your favourite music or reading a good book. For wishing that God reserves all his rainy days on Sundays. For sharing hugs and tall tales.

How's that for getting in the right mood for a great weekend?

If you need more oomph to jump start yours, maybe you can take up J's suggestion. J is a wise little girl of almost 11 years old. She is her little brother's hero (for now, she doesn't like being called a heroine any more than being made to wear frilly dresses.)

She is the one who came up with the idea of taking dinosaur baths.


I don't know what other charms she put in the tub because she seems to take an awfully long time to complete her ritual.

And I also don't know exactly when she started putting dinosaurs in her bath water.



After taking her bath, she takes them out and hid them behind the bath tub. Cute or not?

Have a good weekend!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Maverick SM said...

Have a good weekend.

Wow! The dinosaur damn big......for fun lah, ok!!!

18/4/08 21:39  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Thanks Mave - it's been a good weekend for me. I hope today is the start of a good week for you too! :-)

20/4/08 18:54  
Blogger Helen said...

Hey, I wanted to watch Water Horse but I'm a coward. I know it won't end good... so I spare myself the heartbreak and tears. I know, in the end, at least water horse din get killed.

I used to buy DVDs but now I'm resorting to just downloading it from the net. I like to watch horror flicks and honestly, most are not gem you want to keep in the long run. So, just download and erase.

The dinasour thing... are you sure it's not a phase your girl picked up after watching Water Horse? lol

11 eh? I thought it's the right tim e for idol worshipping. No pin-up posters in the room meh?

20/4/08 19:43  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Helen, The Water Horse is not a sad movie lah! It's pretty good with some very nice cinematography work thrown in.

About my girl J, some day I'll write about how she was a Pokemon obsessed toddler in diapers. That's where it all started - her love affair with dogs, horses AND dinosaurs! Through it all, she remain a huge fan of Pokemon. :-)

21/4/08 14:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!