Thursday, January 11, 2007

Reflections

I think about God.
Yet I talk of small matters.
Now isn't it odd
How my idle tongue chatters!
Of quarrelsome neighbors,
Fine weather and rain,
Indifferent labors,
Indifferent pain,
Some trivial style
Fashion shifts with a nod.

And yet all the while
I am thinking of God.

- Gamaliel Bradford

********************

I came across this poem today. The simple words belie the meaningful truth behind our daily existence.

And then, for some unexplained reasons, I also thought of our Prime Minister. Maybe it is because we all know that he is a God-fearing man.

He also seems, for all intents and purposes, a man of good intentions. At least, that is what the mainstream press often makes him out to be.

Still, it cannot be denied his popularity is declining especially among those who have rallied around him during the last general election, buoyed by the lofty promises he made to create a better Malaysia for ALL of us. How many of them snort and snigger at his speeches these days?

For such a good man that he is made out to be, what went wrong?

Could he have confused intentions with actions? Truly, they are not the same nor equal.

If only he realises it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Maverick SM said...

Very Poetic, my dear!!!

12/1/07 02:27  
Blogger Arena Green said...

Thank you, my friend!!!

12/1/07 12:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!